Key Buttons/John Hartman

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:20:04 -0700

John,
I'd like to thank you for the advice re. key buttons/1960's S&S, 9 footer.
The original key buttons were really screwed up, made out of Basswood and
about 3" long. I had Rick Wheeler make me a set, 4" long, out of maple. WOW!
What a difference! Those keys have almost zero flex, now! [G] (Big grin!)
And, all of the key button slots are now in parallel to the travel of the
keys!<G>
 I didn't have the time nor the inclination to replace the "shoes". I think,
if I had, the key stick would have been absolutely STIFF!<G>
Again, Thanks for the help & advice.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police