Key Buttons/John Hartman

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:17:58 -0400

Joseph Garrett wrote:
> John,
> I'd like to thank you for the advice re. key buttons/1960's S&S, 9 footer.
> The original key buttons were really screwed up, made out of Basswood and
> about 3" long. I had Rick Wheeler make me a set, 4" long, out of maple. WOW!
> What a difference! Those keys have almost zero flex, now! [G] (Big grin!)
> And, all of the key button slots are now in parallel to the travel of the
> keys!<G>
>  I didn't have the time nor the inclination to replace the "shoes". I think,
> if I had, the key stick would have been absolutely STIFF!<G>
> Again, Thanks for the help & advice.
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares Are I

Thanks for the big grin Joe. Did you use a jig like the one I showed or
have you cone up with something better. In terms of time and effort how
hard did you find this to do?

--
John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos