OT-Kinda, reprise/Terry

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:36:29 -0700

As a former owner of a half-dozen early 60s Bugs, you have really piqued my
curiosity. I don't think I ever got one of them up to 70 mph. A fully loaded
Microbus - and you got two tickets?

Terry,
Back in those days, my Microbus was, (ahem)(blush), "somewhat"
"modified"!<G> However, The darned thing wouldn't do a mile over 75, going
down hill with a strong wind behind it!<G> This "smokey", aka "the Jerk",
would stop anyone doing 2 miles over the speed limit! Definately didn't make
me very happy.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police