Piano NOT Funnies - August

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:12:03 -0700

>>  - after renting the video and trying to see details, I did see a
>>plate, so that would make it newer than 1830. They didn't do us
>>curious types the courtesy of showing the serial number, however.
>>
>>1. it was a square
>>2. the picture _was_ from the movie
>>I only rented the video for one night.  I'll leave it to someone
>>else to glean any other observations.
>>
>>Conrad Hoffsommer

This movie wasn't too memorable for me, but I do think I remember a
couple of things (other than someone's finger getting chopped off).
I think she refuses to play the piano once it's been dragged from the
beach up to the house because it hasn't been tuned.  And I think
Harvey Keitel (sp?) hires a piano tuner to come from the big city
(whatever and wherever that was) out to the boondocks to tune this
thing.  How he got there I have no idea, but it certainly wasn't in a
VW microbus.  It's some old guy (which I suppose is the popular
conception of a piano tuner) and I seem to remember his rubbing it
fondly and saying something like 'ooooh, a Broadwood, a very nice
instrument'.

Phil Ford

--
Phillip Ford