damper felts too wide/results

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:37:01 EDT

List

Thanks for the advice, as always.   I ended up using a clipper (more about
that below) to snip a bit of the width off and everything worked fine.

I found this great clipper through a fellow tech, Bruce Zale.   It's a model
railroad track clipper and is available at hobby shops.   It cuts all types of
felt so cleanly, easily and precisely; I get much better results with this
than a razor knife.   It also cuts center pins better than the center pin nipper
I bought from Schaff.   So I can carry one less tool in my kit.

In this case, I was able to snip off just a little slice from each side, just
enough for clearance from its neighbor.

Tom Sivak