"grinnell bros." piano

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:24:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of pianolover 88
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 1:42 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: "grinnell bros." piano

Well here's another "oddball" brand that i hadn't heard of until now.
<SNIP>. The
action is in decent shape, BUT-- not only are all the flanges made out
of
that old-type yellow-ish plastic, (except for the jack flanges) the
damper
"body" is all plastic! <SNIP> Terry Peterson

Terry,
   Please take no offense, but Dampers don't have a "body". ----
flanges, levers, heads, wires, yes.
	I'm not meaning to be a curmudgeon here (That's Joe G.'s job
<G>)and I've committed  my share of malaprops I'm sure, but incorrect
nomenclature is the seed of misunderstanding  in my opinion.
	In this case we all know what part you were referring to, and
certainly no harm has been done, but we get enough confusion from the
clients --i.e. brass sounding panel ---- without one of us using
incorrect nomenclature.
	Just my opinion.
	Tom Driscoll

	P.S. Have fun with all those plastic thingamajigs in the
movement. Good thing the strikers are solid cloth! <G>