What matters most ?

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:18:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2003 7:04:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
yardbird@vermontel.net writes:
          Bill writes
>  The only reason to adjust key
> inertia would be in meeting the requirements of top action inertia.
> So from a design standpoint, I'd say that top action inertia is the
> one to pay attention to. Key inertia is the tail on the dog which
> wags when its's happy with the weight of the rest of the dog.

      Hi Bill
        I agree and the only way I can think of to effectively overcome the
problem and the key inertia is to lengthen the key  to get better leverage. A
case in point are the old stwy players with the long keys. No it's not a
practical solution but in theory it would increase leverage, reduce the amount of
counter balancing lead weight.
     Dale