Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:05:52 -0700

Ron,
Your quote: "I would think it
would depend more on the material used and the drill than the sequence.

Ron N"

To answer a few of your questions: 1. Because I use Delignet for the main
pin block, I use the same for the "bushings". It may be me but I like to
have an homogenous unit, rather than mix n' match.<G>
2. I've found that most drills, (and especially twist drills), tend to push
the wood out of the way, initially. This causes the hole to be a bit jagged
if there is no resistance for the wood away from the hole. I tried just
cutting the plugs and then drilling. It was a mess! Drilling the tuning pin
hole first and a light bit of countersink, then doing the "plug" cutter
seemed to work the best.
3. As for the lost, partially completed parts under Immovable shop thingees?
Yeah, Sure, You Betcha, Ole![G] (been hangin' out with too many scandies
lately!<G>)

Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police