Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:18:11 -0500

>To answer a few of your questions: 1. Because I use Delignet for the main
>pin block, I use the same for the "bushings". It may be me but I like to
>have an homogenous unit, rather than mix n' match.<G>

Yes, Murphy was an optimist and life is treacherous enough already. I agree.

>2. I've found that most drills, (and especially twist drills), tend to push
>the wood out of the way, initially. This causes the hole to be a bit jagged
>if there is no resistance for the wood away from the hole. I tried just
>cutting the plugs and then drilling. It was a mess! Drilling the tuning pin
>hole first and a light bit of countersink, then doing the "plug" cutter
>seemed to work the best.

Reasonable enough, until I can generate a more specific disaster or twelve
trying a few things on my own - maybe.  Man, this requirement of having to
eat occasionally really cuts into my educational schedule.

>3. As for the lost, partially completed parts under Immovable shop thingees?
>Yeah, Sure, You Betcha, Ole![G] (been hangin' out with too many scandies
>lately!<G>)

Well, we all have basic personality flaws (at least most of us do), in
addition to the only vaguely identifiable proto-parts grinning at us from
'neath the monoliths. Time will tell (though we'll never know) when we are
or aren't remembered in the Piano 400 celebration.

Ron N