What matters most ?

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:16:23 -0500

Bill,  I have to disagree with this.  Because the coupling of the key to
the top action is compliant (wippen cushion, felt bushed action centers,
knuckles, flexible shank), there will be a distinctly different feel to the
two cases.  In the case of a key of average inertia with a top action of
excessive inertia sitting on top of it, as the key begins its downward
motion, the full inertia of the top action will not be felt immediately, as
the compliant coupling starts to compress.  Whereas, with the key of excess
inertia with a normal top action sitting on top of it, the excess inertia
will be felt immediately as the key begins to move.  You can feel the
difference.

Mike