Voicing Help/String Manufacturers from Australia - Are there any available?

aMeRy cHaY aquatred_chay@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

Good day again list,

In a bid to restore my 1975 Yamaha C7, I am getting bass strings from an Australian bass string manufacturer in Sydney called Parke Piano Strings (nearer to Singapore), website www.parkepianostrings.com.au ... their customer service has been nothing short of excellence despite my repeated emails .

However, I DO need to know from list members residing down under if they have used his product and how they size up to the likes of GC Arledge and Isaac.

What kind of tonal characteristics can I expect from them?

I would also gladly order from Hellerbass but I am unsure of how they sound like. I know the quality is excellent, but I do like my bass strings strong and growling...can hellerbass provide this kind of sound?

In a seperate question, any tips on how to prevoice the type Yamaha abels to get them to open up, and yet not take away their brilliance? (keywords for past posts?)

Thank you once again for your wise answers :)

Amery,
Singapore