Titebond extend gluing times.

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:04:31 +1000

Hi all,

Ok guys, there were some interesting contributions from many on this
thread, but no-one chimed in with a view as to the relative cure
times of Regular verses Extend.

So I've done two tests this afternoon, concluding that one hour in
the press is ample (we were allowing 30 mins. with Regular). Of
course the required time will vary according to how much glue is
applied. In our case I'm applying just enough glue so that there'll
occasionally be a tiny squeeze-out bead (of less than 1 mm dia.). If
more glue was applied it would certainly require more time in the
press. I suspect that the vacuum press technique might be more
sensitive to an excess of glue, since the vacuum diaphragm tends to
restrict airflow around the joints, when compared to go bars.

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
      Grand Piano Manufacturers