Open-Face Pinblock & Stringing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 10:38:52 -0800

Terry,
I have a small piece of thin aluminum w/a half circle cut into it. This aid
is about 1 1/2" long with a vertical bend at the opposite end, for gripping.
Once I get the pin in relative position, with wire coils approximately at
height, I insert the "buffer plate" under the coils, around the pin and
proceed to "lift". Because this "buffer plate" is aluminum and is rather
soft, I have to make a new one every so often.
Another tool that you definitely should have, is the impact coil lifter.
(It's a modified "dent puller", with sliding mass. I got mine from APSCO,
but I suspect SchaffAPSCO has the tool. This tool can be used to LIFT the
coils AND to TAP the coils Down, as well. A must have tool.
Happy & Prosperous New Year,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)