Clear poly repair

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:17:37 -0800

Paul:
	I know you addressed this to Ron.  I'll just jump in here, if
you don't mind.  I've done repairs to clear finishes with CA.  It sands
kinda different, but will work ok.  I have found, though, that polyester
doesn't bond well to CA.  I've had the poly chunk out after trying to
seal the area with CA.  All in the attempt to keep the color from being
pulled out by the polyester.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Chick (EarthLink)
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 5:45 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Clear poly repair

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Overs" <sec@overspianos.com.au>
To: <pmc333@earthlink.net>; "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 2:33 PM
 The scraper must be very
 sharp to allow for the original poly' to be scraped away without
 disturbing the bonding of the finish with the veneer at the bottom of
 the scraped region. If the veneer/poly joint line is damaged an
 unsightly ring will become visible after the pour.

Ron
Have you ever tried to seal the damaged area with CA to prevent the
bleeding
under the finish?  Have you ever tried CA instead of poly to repair a
clear
finish?

Thanks to you and all others for your replies.

Paul Chick