Broadwoodgrand°1894

Danny Boddin danny.boddin@pandora.be
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 23:07:38 +0100

This Broadwood has oblong threaded tuningpins which go into the plate before
they catch the pinblock.
We intend to replace them with the same size normal tuningpins which first
will get a thread of the same dimension.
Nicer looking and easier tuning.
Do you think this will work? I mean, will this piano hold his tuning
afterwards? The pinblock itself is in good condition and we prefer not to
replace it: the plate seems to be glued on it, probably difficult to remove
or not? Meaby we can put some epoxy
in the pinblockholes for better fix of the new pins?

This 2 meter grand will get a new ciresa soundboard. Any idea what kind of
strings and best sounding scale we can use for restringing? I'm scared to
use the 'pure sound' since even with the right calculated scaling up to the
specifications from Juan Mas Cabré in some grands we restrung some strings
broke after a while and even one year later.
Thanks,
Danny Boddin
Ternat, Belgium

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...