Altenburg/Samick Grand action problems

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:34:21 EST

mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net writes:

> So... as I se it, this is a piano that was not right from day one and the
> action or the piano should be replaced or at least the dealer needs to pay
> whatever it takes to make it right but they don't want to do that.
>   Is this a common Samick problem? I know you get what you pay for but she
> paid for a working piano and it doesn't.
>
> Thanks folks!
>
> Mike
>
> Mike McCoy RPT

This is another case where perhaps the best thing to do is let the customer
duke it out with the dealer, and for you to stay away from it. With two other
techs having worked on it, there is no way the dealer is going to blame this
on you. This is obviously a manufacturing problem, but the dealer has to take
action to get a new piano from Samick, or have them pay you to fix it.

Wim