Kimball Whitney

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:07:06 EST

In a message dated 1/5/03 12:36:31 PM Central Standard Time,
tomtuner@attbi.com writes:

> List,
>     Not to open a can of worms here, and I preface my comment by
> telling you I'm not a "digital keyboard" ,guy but even a low cost
> digital would be more productive for a beginner than a Whitney that is
> difficult to tune, has horrid stability problems , awful tone and an
> action that has poor performance at best. If there is a reason why
> Kimball is gone the Whitney may give a clue.Just my opinion .
>     Tom Driscoll RPT

Funny, I never had any of these problems.  Kimball is still in business and
making a profit.  The Whitney piano will last longer than all of those on
here who have condemned it.  If it were in my area, I'd treat it just as I
would any other piano.  I might charge more for servicing than was paid for
the piano but that's how I make my living, piano service, not trashing
virtually every piano ever made.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin