OT strange thingy resolved

Ned Swift swiftspiano@hotmail.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 20:03:02 -0500

Hi list

Thanks for the input on the strange instrument I saw Beck playing on Austin
City Limit.  You narrowed it down to either a harmonium or a melodian.  With
those two options I was able to search the web and find the answer.  Typing
in "strange keyboard thingy" produced no results on a search.  Nor did
"strange insrument".  However, knowing that it could be a melodian or
harmonium helped.  I typed in Beck Harmonium and the web lit up like New
Years at Time Square.  Everyone was talking about Beck playing the Harmonium
on the floor.  Looked up harmonium and found a picture of one like he
played.  For about $1,000 I could own one too.  "Not!!"  But, I did find it
interesting.  The other one that troubles me is the Celeste.  I know what
they sound like but I don't know what they are.  How old are they and how do
they produce the sound?

Ned Swift
Lowell, MI