Kimball Whitney

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:38:58 EST

In a message dated 1/5/03 4:57:43 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ssclabr8@flash.net
writes:

> Any opinions on the quality of Kimball Whitney pianos?  Is it a spinet??
>
> A customer of mine is looking at buying one for about $500 and asked me but
> I've never tuned one.
>
> Thanks in advance for your responses.
>
> Corte Swearingen

Corte

I need to counter some of the negative comments about the Whitney spinet. No,
it is not the best instrument in the world. But I owned quite a few of these
instruments when I had my rental program, and I thought they were worth every
bit the price I paid for them, (usually in the $250 - $400 range). I would
sell them for about $900 -- $1200. (of course that included delivery and a
free tuning).

It is an entry level piano, and $500 is an OK price if the piano is in tune,
and has been maintained.

Wim