Touchweight Question

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:53:30 +0100

Well lets see here. First the Touchweight. If I take your SW for key 1
as 11,5 grams (which is a little over half medium ala Stanwood) I end up
with a FW of 41 grams with the figures you give. Which is really not too
far off being ok.  Since you hint a tons of FW I suppose either I
misunderstand what you mean by SW's or maybe your ratio figure is a bit
off.

Whats the whippen ratio and the hammer ratio ala "hammer shank center to
hammer centerline / hammer shank center knuckle centerline" ?

As far as the geometry is concerned. Make sure you get that straightened
out before you do anything else. Jon Page has a sure fire way of putting
the capstan / heel intersect at half blow on the magic line, but you
want your top spread on spot as well. Once you have that done your ratio
will be set and you can balance the action appropriatly.

Cheers

RicB