Altenburg/Samick grand action problems

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:32:30 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of J Patrick Draine
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 1:59 PM
To: Mike McCoy; Pianotech
Subject: Re: Altenburg/Samick grand action problems

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 07:24 AM, Mike McCoy wrote:

Talked to the salesman again and he informed me that Samick has nothing
to do with it, when Altenburg puts their name on it they assume the
warranty supposedly.

Mike,

              I just called Samick in California and spoke to Chad
Spellins in Tech Services. Samick does Warranty Altenberg. Samick @
926-964-4700

            With a dealer turning their back on this problem why rely on
them to advise you? As I suggested the other day, Call Samick!. What
perplexes me in these situations is why the dealer doesn't call the
manufacturer, get authorization and have the piano repaired on Samicks
dime. Instead they put up the brick wall, declaring that they won't
spend a dime more on this piano, creating a disgruntled customer with
you in the middle. I 'm not dealer bashing as I have a good working
relationship with several dealers but this attitude is productive to no
one. Again call the good people at Samick, present a reasonable estimate
for repining this thing, get paid, and get this young man enjoying his
piano.

            Tom Driscoll RPT