Altenburg/Samick Grand action problems

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:26:17 -0600

At 6:41 PM -0600 1/3/03, David M. Porritt wrote:
>All this about the Altenburg reminds me of the only one I've ever
>seen.  A family bought this Altenburg back in the East before they
>moved to Texas.  They said the dealer told them that this was the
>last piano factory making their instruments entirely in this
>country.  All the rest of them have their pianos made off shore.

I had the exact same experience, the piano moved from New Jersey. It
also had tremendous pinning problems which the customer paid for and
then fought it out with the dealer long distance. I avoided
discussing the country of origin with the owner but wondered about
the dealer's ethics.....
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus RPT