Altenburg/Samick Grand action problems

Mike McCoy mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:39:40 -0500

I like this idea Tom. Running away has never been an option I have been willing to choose, so far. I have a call in and sent an E-mail to the salesman who is also a Chapter member explaining everything as I see it. I talked to the customer again tonight and her son has a performance of some type coming up and can't practice so I told her I would come up tomorrow and fix the immediate problems and if I have to eat it I will, no problem with that. I'll also try a call to Samick.

 Thanks troops!

Mike

Mike McCoy RPT
Chapters 170 & 190 PTG
Langhorne, Pa
mailto:mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Driscoll
  To: 'Mike McCoy' ; 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 7:24 PM
  Subject: RE: Altenburg/Samick Grand action problems

  Mike

              Aside from the run as fast as you can plan, I would call the manufacturer. Samick first then Altenburg if Samick directs you. The warranty is a manufacturers warranty NOT a dealer's warranty. This is kind of an end run but in cases like this I've received authorization from a manufacturer to repair the piano.

             What is not clear in this case is who will accept " ownership " as the manufacturer.

              You can be your customers advocate without a war with this dealer, and as such be offering a solution to the client that insulates you from a contentious problem.

   In my opinion the dealer should have contacted the manufacturer , Instead of turning their back on the customer and the technician, but in any case you can rise above all this ,get the piano fixed ,get paid and have a customer for life. I like to call from the piano in the customers presence and often get the go ahead immediately.

            Present a reasonable price to the Tech. Representative and in most cases they will gladly have you solve this problem for them and the client.

              Tom Driscoll RPT