My mistake.....my lesson....a cautionary tale

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:27:47 EST

In a message dated 1/13/03 10:21:03 AM Central Standard Time, bigda@gte.net
writes:

> She said, "Well, you've killed the middle of the piano...."  and I saw
> all the trust and good will leave her body, and leave the situation.  She
> then made continual over-the-top, apocryphal statements about the piano
> being dead, the hammers being "gone," the "quality" being "gone out of
> the piano."

I haven't been tuning for artists all that long, but I do remember either
reading on this list, or maybe it was something my director once told me
(he's a concert artist), that the better the artist, the less they will
complain about the piano. The artists that complain the most don't know what
they want, and will blame the piano for their own inequities.

Glad to know you're feeling better.

Wim