warped keys

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:56:08 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Teplitski" <koko99@shaw.ca>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 1:34 AM
Subject: Re: warped keys

 How does the plastic stay on when whole
 key being twisted back, as a matter of fact, how does the plastic stay
 on while key is warping originally. I'm guessing it bends along with the
 wood, but being a harder material, I thought it should not bend. ? ? ?

Carl / Winnipeg

If the keytop is loose, remove it. It will follow the wood because it is
bending through its small dimension--its thickness; and probably relieved
because it was originally glued to a flat surface.

Paul Chick