Two Capstans again

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:56:17 -0500

At 3:52 PM -0800 1/16/03, David Ilvedson wrote:
>Wouldn't you need to change the shape of the sticker, wippen butt,
>etc. to fit the
>concave shape.  For some reason it seems it would bind...?

I'm more worried by the fact that the bearing surface on the concave
cap is a thin circular rim, as opposed to the round dome of the
convex design. While it would alternate nicely between the leading
and trailing edges of that rim, it would also seem to scrape away at
the rep cushion in the process.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"When writing a mental note, first procure a mental piece of paper"
     ............mental graffitti