Two Capstans again

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:57:47 +0100

Been thinking about this, and I suppose you are right Bill. There should
be enough sliding motion to cause at least as much wear on the cushion
as now.

Still, if you had nice rounded edges nicely polished perhaps that wear
might not be so extreme as to offset the << benifit >> gotten in
relation to the ratio.

Course this assumes that it is a benifit to in essence have a dynamic
key ratio. How would that feel, I wonder, under actual play ? At the
beginning of the key stroke you would have say a 5.7 ratio... and
gradually through the keystroke this would change to perhaps 6.0,
Perhaps not so large a change... but just so.

Might be interesting to see in anycase. But somebody has had to have
tried this out at somepoint in the past ... eh ?? or what ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.