Are we wasting our time? (also relavent to Re: My mistake.....my lesson....a cautionary tale)

Nathan Bower nathan@bowern8.plus.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:56:39 -0000

Sometimes the piano dosent matter as much as the music. The best artists
work with what they have - I remember a story of lizt playing the 3
moonlinght moovements for a group fresh from a concert performance. Although
he only had a small instrument, the lucky audience professed their
preference to be him!

I like those Scott Joplin original recordings, the ones which you can hardly
tell whether he is playing a piano, or a mibrana for example.

To sum up, although you may be dismayed that the music students could not
tell if the piano was tuned or not, to them its the music that counts! Im
sure if you asked them to pick the best of 2 pianos, they would pick the
tuned.

Just my opinion,

Nathan