Roslau vs Mapes Gold

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:39:05 -0800

I have a customer with a new Mason & Hamlin A.  He is an accomplished concert
pianist who is breaking strings on the piano.  I will be installing new hammers in the
future...I'm aiming towards an American hammer...Ronsen?  Question:  Can I
rescale the treble sections to lower the tension and help the string breakage without
ruining the sound? Beautiful sustain...!  Should wait until the hammers are on and
see if they help.  I realize the sound is going to quite a difference from the Renner
Blues...he's open to losing some of the brillance (and he will...;-])if he can help with
the string breakage...This is an on going problem.  Every few weeks I'm replacing
strings and touching up.  He claims he isn't playing that hard?....

David I.