changing

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:54:07 -0600

Hi Don,
              When you change all three strings of a unison, seat every
thing, raise over pitch and rub out with a hammer shank,  re tune and rub
out a few times.   You may be surprised to find how stable you can get
those new strings.
Bass bi chords. I don't stretch, but tune them 10 cents sharp, rub out the
back scale, and forward termination areas.With the customers consent, I
will leave that bi chord 5 cents sharp.
Doing a good job of lifting the strings,  and using some side pressure on
the unwound section at the bridge also helps stability.
I sure don't need to go back the next day, or week. Depending on the
customer, rarely within a month.
Regards Roger