changing

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:26:25 -0600

At 09:41 AM 1/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>.Correct me if I am wrong,but if all three strings of a
>unison are replaced then one string of the neighboring unison will
>also be replaced.

Hi Robin,
                I believe, I said. Change all 6 lengths of string on the
two notes. I've become adept at rubbing new wire out, so the unisons will
stay fairly stable.
It takes about a half hour at most, and a good amount of that time is spent
organizing the tools.
If you have a dummy pin with a cup drilled in the bottom. Form the coil on
the dummy, place it on top of the pin. ease out becket, and slide wire
down, and on to the pin.
You end up with a nicely formed coil that is easy to work with.  Doing it
this way I find I only have to back the pins out about a half turn, so the
torque stays about as good as possible.
I rarely work on verticals, but it would take a bit more time due to the
pressure bar and less space.
Regards Roger