More off the wall stuff

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:54:57 +0100

Bill Ballard wrote:

> >What would bad about staggering the knuckle position ? It wouldnt take
> >much to compensate for the difference in key ratio to even out the
> >overall ratio....

Thanks you three for you comments... was just off on another one of those
blueberry picking trips in my mind you see... :) Got to thinking that the
knuckle moved a half mil... followed by a similar change in the jack
position would be about enough to compensate for a .03 or so Key ratio
difference.. and asked before thinking.

> >Just another thought I'd love hearing your thoughts about.
>
> read: trick question. Like David Love's Lady or the Tiger: friction
> or DW? And your, "Does keeping the weight low on the molding or high,
> affect the strike weight (and thus, action ratio)?"

Not this time... just a bit of brain fog.

> Ric, my soybeans haven't broken through the 2' of snow over here,
> yet. Usually the crocuses have come up first, but I haven't seen them
> yet. How are yours?

Never know for sure here. Just last week we were in a cold spell, and the
hydroelectric plants were running out of water... price of electricity was
skyrocketing... but this week its near flood conditions and the dams are
all filled again to the dismay of the downhill skiing industry. There was
90 cm of packed snow at the nearest resort last week.. now there's 37 and
they are closed for the weekend... and... needless to say... freaking out.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.