OT happy student

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:55:05 -0800 (PST)

This week Dave Smith (a protege of Phil Bondi and a member of this
list) came out to Arizona for a couple of days study with me. He is a
SAT3 user and has been tuning for about a year. He is in
retirement from a wonderful career in Engineering and is a quick
study. He did a complete tuning on my Steinway L yesterday and it
sounds gorgeous. Dave has taken the Randy Potter course.

He helped me revise my notes on custom tuning with the SAT3 and then
followed those instructions as he worked on my piano. Those
instructions show how to balance out the octaves on a piano
according to the needs of the piano and one's personal preferences.
The system encourages listening to all the aural tests available.

If anyone would like a copy of those notes, just write me personally
on email.

Jim Coleman, Sr.