Deep Freeze Piano!!!!!

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 14:21:35 -0700

on 6/1/03 11:46 AM, Ron Nossaman at RNossaman@cox.net wrote:

> Starting with a false presumption that a thump tone pitch is indicative of
> tone potential in a strung piano (using the largely invalid comparison of a
> violin to a piano (as usual) to make the presumption),

Hey, Ron.  Would you please explain why you feel or think this is a false
assumption? I've been thumpin' on the underside of boards with the damper
pedal depressed for 20 years, and I can definitely pick up a lot of info
about the condition of the board from listening:  loose ribs, loose edges,
lack of resonance (i.e. crown and bearing), the general "voice" of the
board/piano.

Is it another one 'a them psycho-acoustic illusions?

Best, David A.