heavy Steinway action

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:19:55 EDT

In a message dated 03/06/03 9:09:55 AM, Wimblees@aol.com writes:

<< It would seem
to me that someone who pays $40 -- $75 K for a new Steinway shouldn't have to
pay more to make them play wonderfully.

Wim

Well yeah I agree with this.....but often times the reality is that what
shows up on the dealer floor, or customer's home, is more akin to a 'mostly
finished piano kit' than a "world class instrument". So the ideal would be to hit
the floor being ready to go but the 'usual' is that much needs to be done to
make these thingees more acceptable. Perhaps we should just be glad that much
improvement is possible! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)