Piano Recording, was: Soundboard #001 Finished

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:40:18 -0700

on 6/3/03 8:14 AM, Farrell at mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words. One question I have had for a while now is what
> recommendations does anyone have for equipment and techniques for recording a
> piano. I currently have zero equipment and zero knowledge of how to go about
> making a recording that might reasonably reflect the true sound of the piano.
> My current budget for equipment is pretty darn close to zero also, but I need
> to know what direction I need to head in.
>
> Terry Farrell

Hey, dude-----

Here's all you need for a quite spectacular recording:
--2 good mikes
--2 good tube mike preamps
--a DAT recorder
--a simple little board with a least 2 channels, volume and some
    tone EQ----but this is optional.

Do some research, spend about 2 grand, and you're in......OR:

hire a hungry young recording engineer/home studio owner to bring his stuff
in and do it....one day, 3-400 bucks, and you're in.

Easy.  Post me privately and we can talk over the phone about it
David Andersen