Historical Pianos/Phil

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:10:06 -0700

Phil,
You posted: "I also found his views on restoration, (Should be
"Restoration"), interesting. At odds with some on this list."
Hmm? I don't believe there are many on this list that do Restoration. Most
on this list are either/or into Rebuilding or Remanufacturing.
"Restoration", I do, but seldom, as it is very nit-picky work and Damned
expensive! (I'm not a cheap date, in this regard!<G>) I thoroughly agree
with his assessment of what constitutes a real "Restoration", if the said
"Restoration" includes making it play/sound/look, like we can only suppose
it did, when it was new.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)