OT Nightmares of the Modern Age

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:33:18 -0600

At 04:15 PM 04/06/03 -0400, Terry wrote:

>There are a number of ways to back up computer data. One drawback of

One of the most simple is still the CD-RW. CD burners are cheap and CDs are
about 50 cents each or less in bulk. I'm backing up my system as we speak,
in fact. It takes three CDs. One for the system, one for Windows and other
programs and one for data. Windows and the system are only backed up after
a major change. Data is backed up every few days.

The one real drawback is that you end up with a huge pile of CDs containing
"sensitive" data that you don't want to just throw away. The answer to that
is a "CD Shredder", available at many stores or the net for about $50. See
http://www.buyaleratec.com/dvshredpar24.html

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html