Ritmüller Göttingen upright

Ricardo Amil rchme@interlap.com.ar
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:19:19 -0300

 Hi!
 Have you ever serviced an original german Ritmüller upright?
 I´m going to buy a used upright, I don´t have much money, here in South
 América the pianos are veeeeeeeeery expensive. The majority of sudents
buy
 really old upright .
 I would like to know any opinion you have about the german maker.
 The height is 1,30 m., it´s overstrung and underdampered, SN 18338.
 85 keys, of course. The logo of this piano is just like the chinese new
one,
 the only difference is it says Göttingen beneath.
 It was made in Göttingen, Berlin. In the plate there is a logo with a
lion
    and 3 windmills on top. The action was manufactured by J. Keller & Co.
in
    Stuttgart, SN 108539.
    You can´t see the pinblock, it´s behind the iron. (Sorry I´m not a
    technician, niether I speak english...)
    The tuning pins are nickeled or something, not black, sylver color. They
   are not original I supose.
    I´ve seen in the internet 2 o 3 pictures of old Ritmüller pianos, but
 they
    have a different logo above the keyboard than this piano, and they say
    DOPPEL RESONANZ SYSTEM, PT Nş ............  It does not have that
    inscription.
    Is there such thing like a double soundboard or something?

    Sorry about my english, that´s the best I can do..... can you imagine?
   ;)))