YC Brackets, again

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:47:07

Hi Terry and Avery,

Here are the straight goods on the serial numbers.  If the serial number is
between 50,000 and 60,000 it might need the action brackets replaced.

At 08:14 PM 6/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Perhaps two things here. The growing brackets I just found were on a YC
serial number 056801. I've heard that the affected brackets were on pianos
with serial numbers starting with "0". Yours appears to be from the same
era as mine. I should think the most definitive way is to measure action
spread. It should be 112.5 mm. The spread on this action was about 122 mm.
Phil Glenn from YC is already in the process of sending me brackets. Thanks
all for the info you gave me.

>Terry Farrell

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca