Hammer shape/Baldwin

marc avery marc_avery@hotmail.com
Sat, 07 Jun 2003 13:49:25 +0000

Avery,

I do know that Gibson was bought out by three guys several years ago.  And
it's almost like the Harley-Davidson story of some of the family buying back
Harley from AMF.  They had a goal of bringing back quality to the Harley
name.  I probably don't have to tell you the rest of that story!  These guys
have done nothing but pour their heart and soul into that company to make
the best guitars around.  Gibson is now respected again in the guitar world.
  They make some beautiful instruments and the quality is over the top!
Over the next few years I'm sure you will see the same thing happen to
Baldwin.  All the owners at Gibson care about is quality,quality,quality.
This will most certainly be the same for Baldwin.  Be prepared to see some
beautiful pianos start rolling off the line soon.  Not to mention some
pretty great sounding ones as well.  Baldwin is now in the hands of private
ownership, more or less.  And this is great news for all.

p.s.  No, I don't work for Gibson or Baldwin.  I'm just your average
musician.