Hammer assist spring ?

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:10:20 +0200

Stéphane Collin wrote:

> True Del, but in the Herrburger-Schwander inverted center linked action, at hammer-string contact time, the effect of the spring is null.  And also, in this pattent, it is quite easy to even out the BW at 1g near.
>
> Stéphane Collin.

It certainly would be fun to check one of these actions out close hand, thats for sure. I recently ran into an action nearly identical to that Bechstein from 1885 picture some of you just got in that last bunch of
pictures sent out. It actually was not dificult to regulate well at all, just needed a good offset screwdriver for the job. Played really nicely. I did an even SW and BW job on that and it came out beautifully.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne