Dealer prep

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:14:26 +0100

Hi List,
Tuned a Kawai upright today that the owner bought new 16 years ago. He
mentioned that the soft pedal didn't seem to do much. I found the original
factory packing still in place which locks the half blow/hammer rail for
transport. So much for dealer prep! I shall phone them on Monday and give
them a flea in their ears.

By the by, years ago when one bought a new piano you were given a 20 year
guarantee. Nowadays you only get a 5 year guarantee. Even Steinway only give
5 years, and I know this because I asked them last year when they held an
exhibition here. They probably fear the consequences of global warming.

Regards
Alan Forsyth
Edinburgh