1999 Steinway L with heavy action

Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:06:02 -0700

Mark:

How did you measure the strike weights?  The flange needs to be turned 90
degrees to the shank (pointing up) and balanced on the end of the birds eye
with the tail of the hammer on the scale.  Did you, by chance, balance the
shank on the knuckle and the hammer tail?

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net