Non-overstrung pianos (was Re: Rippen opinions, please!

Classic Touch Ent classictouchent@comcast.net
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:27:09 -0400

How about n'overstrung.   No hypen.    No xtra sylABle.    =20
n'overstrung. (what are the chances there's n'argument) ~(: >)

Best, Rich
On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 03:23 PM, Keith McGavern wrote:

> At 8:41 PM +0200 6/8/03, Richard Brekne wrote:
>
> =A0
>
> Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
>
> Or should we just use non-overstrung piano having all strings in a=20
> single, more-or-less-flat plane. Seems a bit cumbersome. I'll stick=20
> with flat strung.
>
> I propose a completely different term... one that I think clearly=20
> exhasperates upon us its reasonablness.
>

> Fanned Strung
>

> Del, Richard,
>
> If it were a matter of establishing terminology to supposedly=20
> eliminate confusion in the piano industry, non-overstrung would simply=20=

> be the best description, no ifs and or buts. It embraces all of the=20
> following:
>
> Straight strung
> Flat strung
> Fanned strung
>
> And other than comprising more syllables and a hyphen, it seems hardly=20=

> less inconvenient to use.
>
> Keith McGavern
>
> (Straight strung works for me until Council decides otherwise=A0 :-)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1385 bytes