QRS Test & Alignment

PetersRPT@aol.com PetersRPT@aol.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 00:53:01 EDT

Clewis

The first thing you usually see is some  numbers flashing sequentially...
1.2.3.4.5. etc.  Four digits worth, I think.  Then it goes to the processor
version number, on a Concertmaster it should be 1.51  (unless they have updated
it).  Then it will flash the number of the test you have the dial set to,
something like -02-.   When you  press the "start test" button it starts that
particular test.    If the display is getting stuck earlier in the sequence, it may
be "possible" that you have a bad box.  It is more likely that you have a short
in the system, or something not hooked up properly.    Do you have the short
tester, or the resistor box?  You really need those to find out if you have
problems.   For the first startup, I always connect the resistor box into the
system.  You say it is working perfectly.  What do you mean?  I would check the
cables thoroughly.    If you have further problems, call Steve Bryan at
Baldwin.   Steve knows these things thoroughly, and is very good at logically
working through situations.

Roy Peters
Cincinnati