False Beats in high treble after stringing

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:42:12 -0400

--=====================_747375==.ALT
Dave,
         Re-reading your original post, which you were kind enough to copy=
=20
in this reply to mine, I see that this piano is a grand. Before stringing=20
did you polish the capo d' astro bar? I certainly hope so. If not you could=
=20
try letting down the tension a wee bit and sliding the new strings from=20
side to side in an effort to lessen the effect of the grooves that were=20
worn into the underside of the bar from the old strings. If the problem is=
=20
in the agraffe section then you could try similar action or even replace a=
=20
few agraffes and re-string that part to see if the problem goes away. If=20
you sure that the problem is not at the bridge end this is the only contact=
=20
area left to look at. You could also try muting off the waste end of the=20
strings on both sides before attempting a new agraffe or two. Hope this=
 helps.

Greg Newell

mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...