Plastic Kawai problem

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:58:55 -0500

Hi, I have a Kawai KL-703, serial number 1150442, which has a problem
with loose jack pinning, to the point that it is difficult to
regulate lost motion and they can wobble sideways enough to hit the
neighbor hammer. Anyone have any experience rebushing plastic parts
or am I better off replacing the whippens?

Also, a minor thing, is there any source for the hinges that attach
the top of the music desk to the front panel? Kawai parts does not
have them and dont know when and if they will.