Historical Pianos/notation

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:24:58 -0500

Dave,

Thank your for responding.

I feel I got the gist of what you have said, therefore the digit zero
(0) is not used.

So if I understand correctly, the following constitutes what you say
is the standard notation except among piano tuners:

A2 thru G#2 (capital letters and digits subscript)
A1 thru G#1 (capital letters and digits subscript)
a thru g#      (lower case and no digits)
a1 thru g#1 (lower case and digits superscript)
a2 thru g#2 (lower case and digits superscript)
a3 thru g#3 (lower case and digits superscript)
a4 thru g#4 (lower case and digits superscript)
a5 thru c5   (lower case and digits superscript)

Yes/No?

Keith McGavern