Bass String Coils

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:34:39 -0700

on 6/12/03 2:32 AM, Isaac OLEG at oleg-i@wanadoo.fr wrote:

> A good rebuilder here strings up to 2 pianos/week, and can change
> strings/pins in a grand in some 20 hours work on site (dampers back,
> chipped and tuned...)

We've got a guy in LA, Mike Farnell, who's been doing onsite stringing for
me for 20+ years---he's the best, and the fastest, stringer I've ever seen.
On a small (6' and under grand, he can destring and string (not including
other protocols like dampers, bridge pins, agraffes, capo bar) in 5 hours.
That is not a misprint.  Now, as we get older and wiser, we do onsite work
in two or even 3 days, because we do all these other protocols above and
more.

Plus, he's a great guy, funny as heck, weird as they come, which is just
what I like....<g>

David Andersen